Here is a collection of some of the best articles, videos, and other resources that I know about.
- Solitude and Leadership If you want others to follow, learn to be alone with your thoughts. By William Deresiewicz (The American Scholar, Spring 2010)
- 10 Things Your Commencement Speaker Won’t Tell You by Charles Wheelan (WSJ, April 2012)
- 2011 Stanford Graduate School of Business Military Service Appreciation Dinner Paul “Bud” Bucha (USMA ’65, GSB ’67) gives the keynote address (start at 11:30).
- Pritzker Military Library interview with Paul “Bud” Bucha Ed Tracy interviews Paul “Bud” Bucha in February 2009 (start at 18:45). Love Bucha’s five elements of leadership – confidence, competence, compassion, humility, and integrity.
- Tragedy & Genius Professor Deepak Malhotra speech to 2012 graduating Harvard MBA students. Don’t be afraid to “quit” if you aren’t in a good place and happiness is mostly based on choices we make.
- Steve Jobs’ 2005 Stanford University Commencement Address Steve speaks on 1) Connecting the dots – you can’t do it looking forward. 2) Love & loss – you have to find what you love in both your work and your life, don’t settle. 3) Death – If today were the last day of you’re life, are you doing what you want to be doing?
- The Monk and the Riddle The Education of a Silicon Valley Entrepreneur By Randy Komisar
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership Follow Them and People Will Follow You By John C. Maxwell
- Stanford Graduate School of Business – Leadership in Focus Video vignettes on business and leadership challenges.